Forum Thread: What is the best place to go on my honeymoon?

We are looking at Hawaii. That place they used in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall'.

1 Response

So frusterated...I just wrote an extensive answer to this and completely lost it. Summed up:

1. Yes, yes, yes, YES for Hawaii. Not only do you avoid the hassle of passports, but you still feel like you're in another land entirely.
  1. As far was which island to go to...everyone has their preference. I LOVE Oahu because everything is a 30 min drive away...you can be in the center of Waikiki and then 15 minutes later be at a quiet, pristine beach. I think if you're a younger couple, I would recommend Oahu because it offers plenty of fun and adventure in addition to romance. If you're an older couple or aiming solely for romance, then Maui may be better suited for you (Maui is also debatably the best for snorkeling and other underwater fun). Both are renowned for their beaches, but if you're not so interested in things like kayaking and snorkeling, and maybe hiking is more up you're alley, then Kauai is where you want to be. Regardless of where you go, each island gas it's own charm and I can't imagine being let down by any of them.
  1. I highly HIGHLY recommend going onto VRBO.com and looking into renting a condo for your stay there instead of an overpriced hotel room. Personally, I stay at a condo about 20 min north of downtown, and just shy of the North Shore. It's 1 bedroom, 2 futons in the living room, kitchen, washer and dryer, and a private lanai looking down to the ocean...and when I say looking to the ocean, let me be clear, this complex is literally ON the beach, and so few people use the beach it's virtually private. For all that, I pay $100/day...so at least half of the swanky hotels downtown which, obviously, have their appeal...but with money saved on lodging, it allows for more activities, and possibly even a longer stay,

Ho'omaika'i 'ana & Pomaika`i
(Congratulations and good luck!)

Mahalo & Me ka `oia`i`o!!

---Laura

Share Your Thoughts